After holding focus groups across Ontario, CNIB created this legal information handbook to provide helpful responses to some of the most common questions we heard.
In the handbook below, you’ll find:
- An overview of your most important legal rights related to education
- Answers to common questions like
- "The schoolboard implemented an accommodation plan to support my child's sight loss. I don’t agree with the schoolboard's approach to accommodations. What can I do?"
- "I've been accepted to a post-secondary institution, but I'm uncertain about what steps I need to take to have my sight loss accommodated."
- Links to helpful legal services and community supports
The Know Your Rights legal Information handbooks are available in three different formats:
If you’d like to receive this handbook in Braille or DAISY format, please email email@example.com. Did this handbook answer your question or did it connect you to a helpful resource? Please let us know!