After holding focus groups across Ontario, CNIB created this legal information handbook to provide helpful responses to some of the most common questions we heard.
In the handbook below, you’ll find:
- Information about how to effectively advocate for yourself and others
- The key differences between "self-advocacy" and "legal advocacy"
- Steps you can take to obtain reliable legal help
- Tips on how to prepare for meetings with legal professionals
- An overview of Ontario's human rights laws
- Links to helpful legal services, programs, training materials and community supports
The Know Your Rights legal Information handbooks are available in three different formats:
If you’d like to receive this handbook in Braille or DAISY format, please email email@example.com. Did this handbook answer your question or did it connect you to a helpful resource? Please let us know!