After holding focus groups across Ontario, CNIB created this legal information handbook to provide helpful responses to some of the most common questions we heard.
In the handbook below, you’ll find:
- An overview of your most important legal rights related to employment
- Answers to common questions like
- "There's a requirement in a job advertisement that I can't meet because of my disability. Should I still consider applying for the job?"
- "I got an interview! But, I'm not sure when to disclose my sight loss to my prospective employer. What should I do?
- "My sight loss is affecting my ability to do my job. What can I do?"
- Links to helpful legal services and community supports
The Know Your Rights legal Information handbooks are available in three different formats:
If you’d like to receive this handbook in Braille or DAISY format, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Did this handbook answer your question or did it connect you to a helpful resource? Please let us know!