By: Kat Hamilton
As part of CNIB's commitment to Safe and Accessible Journeys under our new strategic plan, we launched the "Get on Board" transit campaign in October 2023 to highlight the need for accessible public transit in Canada.
Targeting buses, light rail, and ferries across 13 transit authorities, the advocacy campaign involved a secret rider survey designed to help us learn more about the level of accessibility of these transit systems.
Here’s a snapshot of what we learned:
- There were varying degrees of satisfaction throughout the regions we targeted.
- Customer service had the highest satisfaction rating, with 82% of riders being somewhat satisfied or higher.
- Transit websites had moderate satisfaction ratings, with 68% of users being somewhat satisfied or higher.
- Transit apps received the lowest satisfaction rating, with 56% being somewhat satisfied or higher.
What’s next? We’re requesting meetings with the transit authorities we targeted to discuss the results and urge them to make improvements. You can stay involved by:
- Signing up to join us in our future advocacy efforts by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reaching out to your local city councillor and sharing your experience on public transit.
- Watching for future transit campaigns and getting on board!