We are committed to being fully transparent in our accounting practices. Our board of directors provides governance and financial oversight, assisted by the Finance and risk management committee.
By the Numbers
As a comprehensive view against total expenses, the pie chart below demonstrates how CNIB invests in your community. The data is based on a 5-year average of expenses (2018-2022) taken directly from CNIB Audited Financial Statements, including the programmatic expenses of CNIB and our related, affiliated organizations. To learn more, please see our Audited Financial statements below or to learn more about our cause-related programs, click here.
Your Dollars at Work
At CNIB, your donation makes a difference in the lives of Canadians who are blind, partially sighted, and DeafBlind. We strive to maximize your contributions to deliver life-changing programs for those who need us most. Our impact is primarily powered by the generosity of Canadians from coast to coast to coast. CNIB donors help ensure we have the resources to follow through on our mission and empower those we serve to achieve their goals.
At CNIB, your dollars matter. To that end, as of February 2023, we are proud to share a fundraising ratio of 30% expenses to revenue. And we are equally pleased to report that we are able to raise $3.33 for every $1 spent.
Cause Related Program Expenses:
Our full financial statements are audited annually by Ernst & Young LLP.
- 2021/2022 Audited financial statements (PDF)
- 2020/2021 Audited financial statements (PDF)
- 2019/2020 Audited financial statements (PDF)
- 2018/2019 Audited financial statements (PDF)
- 2017/2018 Audited financial statements (PDF)
- 2016/2017 Audited financial statements (PDF)
- 2015/2016 Audited financial statements (PDF)
- 2014/2015 Audited financial statements (PDF)
- 2013/2014 Audited financial statements (PDF)