- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash hands frequently and thoroughly, including between fingers, under fingernails and wrists; if soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover coughs and sneezes using a tissue or into the elbow or sleeve, being sure to cover the mouth, putting used tissue in the garbage and washing hands after or using alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- If you're sick, stay home and recover until symptoms have resolved.
- Avoid close contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
- If you are experiencing symptoms or have questions pertaining to your health, please contact the Public Health Agency of Canada directly at 1-833-784-4397.