This program is designed for those who are looking to challenge themselves, learn new skills, make new connections and show the power of their human potential!
Do you have a “Play“ goal? Have you always wanted to run or walk a 5 km race? Learn to play an instrument, how to golf or take on a charity tandem bike ride? Are you already someone who is active want to share your stories to empower others? Become a Play Ambassador! Here's how:
- Decide what your specific Play goal will be. What is it you are looking to achieve. Make sure you pick a specific timeframe you want to achieve this by.
- Send an email to Ryan Van Praet outlining your goal, why it is important to you, and how much you would love to share your success and journey with others.
- Ryan will review your goal, then contact you with any follow-up questions.
What do you get for being a Play Ambassador?
- If selected to participate in the program, we will send you out some awesome gear! You will represent all things that are possible when we put our mind and effort into a task.
- We will share your story on social media and in our “empowerment digest“ newsletter to show people how you are working towards your goal.
What do we need from you?
Effort! It doesn't matter what level of success you achieve, it just matters that you put in a consistent effort to do your best and to represent the Play Ambassador program in a kind courteous and engaging manner. Others will see you chasing your goals and they will be empowered to do the same!
If you agree to share your story, once a month we'll ask you to send us an update showcasing how you are doing and reaching your goals. You can send photos, videos, emails, leave Ryan a voicemail message, anything to show how you are being an awesome Play Ambassador!
If you have questions along the way, and/or need some general tips and ideas on how to achieve your goal, we're here to support you!
Here's a short video that explains the program:
To apply for the Play Ambassador program, please contact Ryan Van Praet, Program Lead, Partnerships Recreation and Sports at Ryan.VanPraet@cnib.ca or call 1-226-219-7626.