We want to make our local communities across Canada inclusive and accessible to people living with sight loss, and we need your help.
As we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic we want to build back better and create a more accessible customer experience for everyone.
For many people who are living with sight loss, businesses and community spaces can be inaccessible because of the built environment, mindsets of customer service representatives and policies and practices. These barriers have become even more evident since the start of the COVID-19 pandemic. With the introduction of accessibility legislation across Canada, many businesses are often unsure on best practices around accessibility for customers who are blind or partially sighted.
We want to help you make your business more accessible and inclusive for people living with sight loss.
How can we do this?
We have provided a list of resources below to help you get started on making your services more accessible to people living with sight loss.
CNIB offers free presentations to any business on making their services accessible, tailored to your needs. We can present on how to make your location, customer services, and information accessible to your customers living with sight loss. If you’re interested in a topic that isn’t covered below or have further questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at email@example.com
If you are interested in learning more about hiring and supporting employees living with sight loss, please visit our Come to Work program page.
Accessible Communities Resource List
- CNIB Business Education Guide
- CNIB Business Quick Guide for Customer Accessibility
- CNIB Business Quick Guide for Employee Accessibility
- Sighted Guide Technique Video Series
- Accessible Customer Service Video Series
- Top 5 Sight Loss Myths Busted
- Guide Dogs Belong Everywhere. It's the law.
- Accessible Payment Terminals
- Accessible Built Environment
- Accessible Materials
- Clear Print Accessibility Guidelines
- Creating an Inclusive Workplace
- Canadian Guide Dog Legislation
- White Cane Factsheet
- COVID-19 Accessibility