CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
November 25, 2013
May 2014 to September 2014 - 1 position
To coordinate the Wellness Centre and provide support and assistance for daily living to all staff, visitors and guests at the Lake Joseph Centre. To facilitate programs related to camper wellness with specific focus on special diets and proper hydration during summer activities as well providing first aid and sun safety programs at Lake Joe.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
· Collaborates and shares methods with the team and assist in the planning, monitoring and evaluating of all components of the Wellness Centre.
· Provides a complete first aid service to all guests and staff. Contacts EMS for transportation to local area hospital as needed.
· Supervises all aspects of storage and delivery of medication - both prescription and non-prescription. Records information regarding dispensing of medication.
· Maintains and keeps record of all first aid kits for site, vehicles and staff.
· Acts as a liaison between the Lake Joseph Centre and local medical clinics and services.
· In conjunction with the Wellness Assistant Coordinator, ensure all dietary needs for guests are provided to the kitchen two weeks in advance and ensure that GB Catering is well informed regularly for changing dietary requirements;
· Attending all meals to ensure appropriate dietary meals are getting to the appropriate persons;
· Coordinates all special diets with the kitchen for all off-sites, including boat trips;
· Ensuring that there are water stations for guests and staff outdoor to ensure sun-safety practices;
· Responsible for leading some staff training sessions as well as attending all required pre-camp and ongoing staff training and meetings.
· Assists in staff supervision on an ongoing basis and providing a positive influence.
· Being a positive role model for staff, volunteers and guests.
· Organizing and maintaining a well kept Wellness Centre, as well as letting the Manager know before hand when supplies need reordering or replenishing.
· Share 24 hour on call requirements with the Wellness Assistant Coordinator.
· Work with Staffing Coordinator and Program Supervisor to continually build upon positive staff group dynamics.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
· Practical Nurse (preferred);
· Registered Nurse (preferred);
· Excellent interpersonal skills;
· Experience working with persons who require assistance;
· Experience working with Special Dietary needs;
· Experience with children and adults who are blind, deaf-blind and partially sighted as well as special need populations is an asset;
· Must have current Standard First Aid and CPR “C”;
· Must have current and clear Police Record Check before start of contract;
· Must have a G Class drivers license and a current and clear Drivers Abstract;
· Some experience working with animals is an asset;
· Must have experience working with special populations;
· Must be willing to reside at Lake Joseph Centre near MacTier;
· Must be willing to work standard camp hours;
· Must be able to assist in daily living activities;
· Must be able to understand clients and their special situation;
· Ability to increase client’s comfort, safety and mobility;
· Ability to assist client with nutrition, ambulation and hygiene;
· Must be self directed and self motivated;
· Ability to work with other staff members;
· Must be willing to work within Medical Directives at Lake Joseph;
· Must be able to work in a busy and changing environment;
· Must be willing to share accommodations if required.
Closing Date for Applications: Position will be filled on an on going basis up to March 31, 2014.
Please Send Application to: email@example.com and quote the job title in the subject line.
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: seeing beyond vision loss