CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca
or call 1-800-563-2642.
Date: February 5, 2013
Job Title: Systems Administrator
This position covers a broad range of duties encompassing primary responsibility for systems backups, general management of the CNIB Data Centre, Network and Telephony Administration, Server and SAN hardware, and VMWare.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
• Administers core systems and components such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Microsoft Exchange, e-mail archiving, anti-virus/anti-spam, telephony, web and file/print services by creating and maintaining. accounts/permissions and performing updates/maintenance as directed by the National Manager, Systems Administration.
• Acts as the Tier 3 contact for issues of network connectivity and technical problem resolution.
• Responsible for the implementation, maintenance and support of all servers (both physical and virtual), appliances and data centre components, ensuring the network and systems are backed up, maintained and patched as required by the organisation.
• Oversees network security and remote access technologies including VPN, Citrix XenApp, Active Sync and network firewalls/security appliances.
• Works with partners to manage and troubleshoot the VOIP infrastructure including Call Centres.
• Monitors core infrastructure using tools such as SCOM, SCCM and other network monitoring utilities.
• Maintains network procedures and documentation as required.
• Manages print and fax services.
• Provides on-call remote support after hours and on weekends to address critical systems issues or perform systems maintenance/upgrades as required.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
• Post secondary education in computer sciences.
• Two + years of related experience in varied roles within a Systems Administration Team.
• Advanced knowledge of VMWare ESXi, Windows Server 2xxx, MS Exchange, Citrix XenApp, SCOM, Active Directory, Group Policies and Terminal Services.
• Solid experience working with a broad range of infrastructure including servers, SANs, firewalls, routers, switches, and remote access technologies.
• Experience with VOIP and unified communications in a geographically distributed environment would be an asset.
• Solid experience with system backup technologies such as HP Data Protector or equivalent.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an ability to understand complex technical, business and organizational concepts.
• Demonstrated decision making skills; self directed.
• Good relationship/team builder and networking skills with a variety of stakeholders.
• Willingness to work flexible hours; overtime will be required on evenings and/or weekends.
Salary Range: To Commensurate Based on Experience.
Closing Date for Applications: February 19, 2013
Please Send the Application To: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job title in the subject line.
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position. Although we thank you for your interest, we would appreciate no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: Seeing Beyond Vision Loss