CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
Date: January 22, 2013
Job Title: Supervisor, Operations and Development
Location: Regina, SK
This is a division level management position responsible for ensuring organizational effectiveness by providing leadership for the regional fund development department and operational functions.
Provides confidential administrative support to the Manager, Business Development, and is responsible for the smooth operation of the manager’s office and the administrative functions of the department’s special events and operations within the region. Supervises support staff in regional offices and provides coordination of development activities in the region under the direction of the manager, business development.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
· Supervises support staff in the Region.
· Liaises with the division’s manager, operations to coordinate national and divisional initiatives and projects.
· Takes minutes, distributes and arranges meeting requirements for the regional board and committees in conjunction with the board chair and local management. Keeps the manager, operations informed of meetings, membership information, and other board related activity.
· Liaises with the manager, operations on property and information system related issues.
· Oversees and coordinates maintenance and general upkeep of the office building and equipment. Ensures that maintenance, cleaning and repairs are completed. Arranges for annual inspections of property as required.
· Oversees the organizing, inventory and ordering of office supplies by the administrative assistants.
· Oversees and coordinates the maintenance and upkeep of the Agency vehicles.
· Acts as liaison for building tenants.
· Representative on the building’s occupational health and safety committee.
· Coordinates the booking of corporate vehicles / building /room resources including scheduling, usage agreements, security and room set up etc.
· Monitors daily cash reports and bank deposits.
· In conjunction with the manager, business development, plans and coordinates the work of the regional offices and ensures the support of the department’s fundraising objectives is met.
· In conjunction with division department staff, coordinates administration aspects of fundraising special event programs including but not limited to: the payment and registration of attendees and sponsors, logistic details, committee meeting notes, sponsorship packages, payments required for special event expenses.
· Ensures administration functions on day of event run smoothly.
· Plans and coordinates the work of development and other administration staff in the division by providing support and direction and ensures the support of the department’s fundraising objectives is met.
· Provides on-going feedback and conducts annual performance reviews of administration staff.
· Schedules appointments and meetings, make travel arrangements and book appropriate facilities for departmental meetings, committee meetings and senior division development staff.
· Composes internal and external correspondence as required for the department with knowledge of CNIB communication media protocol for alternate format materials.
· Assists with the preparation of grant applications (excluding government and United Way applications).
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
· Administrative or Executive Assistant Certificate.
· Minimum 5 years experience in a senior administrative role preferably in fundraising or marketing with supervisory experience.
· Experience working with Boards and leadership volunteers.
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and Donor Management systems.
· Property management experience.
· Experience coordinating administrative aspects of special events and campaigns.
· Well developed interpersonal and communication skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and takes initiative.
· Strong attention to details.
· Professional attitude and flexible.
· Ability to work flexible hours.
· Willingness to travel within the region and division.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
Closing Date for Applications: February 15, 2013
in the subject line.
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position. Although we thank you for your interest, we would appreciate no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: seeing beyond vision loss