CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
June 12, 2013
Specialist, Event Fundraising
3 month contract, 35 hours per week
This exciting position will take the lead on the inaugural implementation of two exciting new signature events called Night Steps. For more information about these events please visit:
Reporting to the Director, Fund Development - Community Giving and working closely with the National Director, Sales Promotion and Event Fundraising, the Specialist will liaise with volunteers, companies and individuals of influence within the community to maximize income and ensure the success of these events.
Covering a broad range of duties, the Specialist will be expected to apply their expertise, business planning, volunteer management and project management skills to deliver engaging events that meet the national guidelines and standards.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
· Manage all necessary aspects of organizing, promoting and delivering large-scale signature fundraising events in a specific region. This includes, but is not limited, to securing participant recruitment, soliciting sponsorships and gifts in kind, developing event logistics, sourcing give aways, managing volunteers, liaising with vendors and overall event execution.
· Ensure event critical paths meet national guidelines and standards, and work towards the achievement of agreed targets; submit regular reports to deadline as requested.
· Work closely with the Director, Fund Development - Community Giving to ensure all signature events are aided by effective volunteer fundraising committees.
· In conjunction with local Coordinators of Volunteer Services, develop volunteer recruitment requirements and profiles, and support training and management of event-day volunteers.
· Working with the Director, Fund Development - Community Giving, lead provincial and local event sponsorships.
· Manage provincial print material production using national templates, and ensure their distribution in the community to maximize participation, sponsorship recognition and volunteer recruitment.
· Conduct analysis and evaluation of events to ensure high returns on investment, and participation/partnerships are maximized and meet established goals.
· Develop a budget and monitor income forecasts in relation to event fundraising activities.
· Play an active part in a professional events team, contributing to the ongoing development of the team and an exciting portfolio of events.
· Manage the recognition and stewardship of donors and all gifts received in a timely manner.
· Ensure appropriate administration of donor and event information in the donor database and, where appropriate, supply reports and analyses to the Director, Fund Development - Community Giving.
· Process expenses and event reports in a timely manner.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
· Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, public relations or related program
· Minimum five years progressive experience in fund development
· Experience administrating, supporting or managing the successful delivery of large-scale fundraising events
· Experience in supporting volunteer engagement
· Valid driver’s license and access to own vehicle during regular business hours essential
· Excellent organizational and administrative skills with meticulous attention to detail
· Excellent communication skills; comfortable conversing with a variety of people in different situations
· Ability to prioritize a varied workload and comfortable working in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
· Knowledge of privacy legislation and ability to conduct business in accordance with the CFRE/AFP/CAGP code of ethics
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications as well as other software applications such as CRM (familiarity with Raiser’s Edge software a plus)
· Ability to work effectively in a team environment
· Ability to develop and maintain positive, productive relationships with senior volunteers
· Resourceful, results-oriented with a positive, "can do" attitude
· Willingness to work flexible hours; some evening and weekend work is required
· Willingness to travel
· Desire to be a passionate advocate for CNIB and those we serve
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience.
Closing Date for Applications: June 17, 2013
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: seeing beyond vision loss