CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca
or call 1-800-563-2642.
Date: July 18, 2013
Job Title: Manager, Shop CNIB
Term: Contract (12 Months)
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Customer Operations, this is a management level position responsible for ensuring the success of Shop CNIB.
Shop CNIB was created to help people of all ages who are blind or partially sighted find and purchase products to help them achieve their independent living goals. We have grown to be one of Canada’s largest retailers of assistive technologies for people who are blind or partially sighted serving over 15,000 customers per year via web, phone and our 25 retail locations.
Key responsibilities of the position include merchandise and marketing initiatives, oversight of the supply chain, new product sourcing, sales, product life cycle and customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
• Conceptualizes, designs and executes innovative retail promotions.
• Maintains annual promotions calendar updating activities with key insights and from prior promotions and events while focusing on innovation, alignment to brand, and customer experience.
• Create and execute online merchandising and promotion proposals to achieve sales targets
• Development of a consumer product catalogue and promotional pieces targeted to key audiences. Distribution methods include mail, email and in-store point-of-purchase materials.
• Works with store staff to create an in-store experience at our Shop CNIB store locations that is value added and customer focused as well as stimulates purchases.
• Responsible for P and L budgeting, sales forecasts, price points, margins and estimated returns.
• Working collaboratively with Shop CNIB team members, ensure that sales targets are being met and expenditures are within budget.
• Works collaboratively with other CNIB departments and processing teams to strategically review, streamline, and standardize guidelines and procedures
• Leads the new product introduction action team that is comprised of our front line service team as well as Shop CNIB store staff, clients and volunteers, whose goal is to source new products that meet client needs, showcase new innovations and technologies and identify private label opportunities.
• Ensures purchasing and inventory control practices match both CNIB internal policies and industry best practices.
• Responsible for vendor relations and vendor management to ensure that our product line meets our customer’s needs and price points and is representative of emerging trends.
• Responsible for Shop CNIB product line, SKU and Vendor structure and its interrelationships with our retail network and the service team.
• Defines, monitors and achieves measurable performance and standards through the utilisation of service levels and key performance indicators.
• Performs continuous improvement of existing practices to ensure the department operates efficiently.
• Responsible for supply chain from product purchasing, through warehousing and inventory control, to shipping of customer orders.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
• Undergraduate degree in business, finance or a related area is preferred.
• 5 to 7 years of retail operations management experience in the management of professional level staff.
• Proven experience at managing targets within an allocated budget.
• Knowledge of accounting software and internet retailing solutions.
• Excellence in both written and spoken communications.
• Expertise in retail sales, merchandising and marketing.
• Superb business judgment with a desire to manage your own business
• Adept at problem-solving and managing multiple priorities effectively and efficiently
• Knowledge of e-commerce platforms, product information and content management systems is preferred
• Expertise in supply chain, purchasing and inventory control.
• Excellent planning, analytical and organization skills, with a proven ability to meet deadlines and multi-task
• Superior interpersonal/influencing skills sufficient to quickly develop a rapport with internal and external customers, uncover their needs, and handle customer concerns
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite of products including Excel, PowerPoint and Access.
Salary Range: To Commensurate Based on Experience
Closing Date for Applications: July 28, 2013
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position. Although we thank you for your interest, we would appreciate no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: Seeing Beyond Vision Loss