CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca
or call 1-800-563-2642.
Date: April 18, 2013
Job Title: Manager, Event & Community Campaign Marketing
Term: Full Time
This management level position is responsible for the development and implementation of turn-key marketing solutions and products for nationwide signature events, third-party fund initiatives and community engagement campaigns.
In covering a broad range of duties the position is expected to apply their marketing expertise, business planning and project management skills to develop strategies for engagement, deliver a suite of marketing collateral, tools and templates that increase community engagement and participation and streamline the operations of signature events.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
• Works closely with Director, Sales Promotion and Events Marketing to map the communications strategy for the signature, third party events and community engagement campaigns to ensure turn-key solutions meet short-term and long-term requirements that maximize recruitment, income and growth as determined by the VP, Marketing & Fund Development
• Plans, develops and implements turnkey marketing solutions and tools that help to drive CNIB’s objectives for nationwide signature, and third party events. These solutions and tools include but are not limited to: brochures, posters, press releases and solicitation/stewardship letters and templates.
• Works closely with internal stakeholders, Communications and Fund Development leads to ensure implementation timelines are met and within budget.
• Works closely with internal stakeholders to ensure that all marketing collateral is integrated within the broader engagement strategy, brand guidelines and organizational messaging.
• Works closely with Digital marketing team to lead the user experience layer of the website design, online event registration, donation modules and engagement devices.
• On a regular basis, analyzes signature event and community engagement programs positioning and strategies, to measure the effectiveness of all marketing mediums utilized, adjusting strategy and tactical implementation as needed.
• Ensures internal stakeholders are equipped with product knowledge, identifying gaps in required orientation/training and how to address them.
• Identifies best practices in the industry ensuring that these are accommodated within the programs and shared across functions and regions.
• Responds to relevant internal/external/media/partnership marketing/branding enquiries and follows up in a timely manner, managing expectations and nurturing any potential incoming leads/opportunities where appropriate.
• Any other duties as deemed necessary by the Director.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field.
• Minimum of three to five years of progressive experience in event marketing or a similar discipline.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Proven success executing marketing solutions for fund raising events and community engagement campaigns.
• Proven ability to write marketing communication pieces and technical implementation manuals.
• Excellent planning and organizational skills, with a proven ability to meet deadlines and multi-task.
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software and experience and familiarity working in a Windows environment.
• French language is an asset.
• Willingness to work flexible hours
• Occasional travel may be required.
Salary Range: To Commensurate Based on Experience.
Closing Date for Applications: May 10, 2013
Please Send the Application To: email@example.com and quote the job title in the subject line.
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position. Although we thank you for your interest, we would appreciate no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: Seeing Beyond Vision Loss