CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
Date: May 21, 2013
Job Title: Low Vision Assistant (INTERNAL POSTING ONLY)
Location: Calgary, AB
Provide administrative and client support duties in the Low Vision Department, aiding the Specialist, Low Vision in providing client follow-up and low vision device purchases.
The position entails, but is not limited to, the following general responsibilities:
· Coordinate low vision assessments for the clients with the Specialist, Low Vision
· Ensure client file information is complete and obtain updated eye reports from optometrist/ophthalmologist
· Contact clients prior to their appointments; providing an understanding of the assessment process as well as ensuring they are prepared by bringing necessary documents, equipment
· Educate clients on CNIB programs and services
· Assist the client in purchasing low vision aids and as well as provide refreshment training in use
· Provide follow-up on client requests (i.e. additional requests)
· Process internal referrals to other departments
· Coordinate 2nd party funding
· Participates as a member of a multidisciplinary team
· Provide follow up contact as appropriate
· Assist in the development and implementation of department projects and programs.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
· Post-secondary education and/or prior experience in related field preferred
· Previous experience working with individuals who are blind or partially sighted or combined loss of hearing and sight an asset
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software and experience and familiarity working in a Windows/computer environment.
· Strong organizational skills with the ability to adapt to changing situations
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills
- Demonstrates maturity and sensitivity, as well as possesses emotional and social stability
- Demonstrates strong ethical behaviour and the ability in maintaining confidentiality
· Willingness to work flexible hours
· Able to work in a team environment
Salary Range: To Commensurate Based on Experience
Closing Date for Applications: May 28, 2013
Please Send the Application To: email@example.com and quote the job title in the subject line.
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position. Although we thank you for your interest, we would appreciate no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: Seeing Beyond Vision Loss