CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
February 20, 2013
Land Program Counsellor
May 2013 to September 2013
To provide a safe recreational opportunity for guests (adults, families, children and youth) attending the CNIB Lake Joseph Centre through creative planning, energetic implementation and evaluation of all assigned programs.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
· Plan, implement and evaluate recreation programs. Arrive 15 minutes prior to assigned program.
· Uphold all standards and policies of the CNIB Lake Joseph Centre, with particular care given to customer service.
· Provide new and creative ideas with respect to scheduling, programs, and service delivery.
· Take an active role in all dining room duties and responsibilities.
· Take an active roll in all duties pertaining to change over day.
· Accept responsibility for ongoing care and maintenance of assigned cabins and guests and its occupants.
· Provide support to staff and volunteers.
· Participate in general staff meetings and all ongoing and pre-camp training.
· Work as a team member taking on other areas of responsibilities as need arises.
· Work on individual assignments as needed.
· Understand and be sensitive to the unique and safety considerations that need to be taken when working with a special population.
· Provide assistance to guests to ensure their safety at all times.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
· Ability to work as a team member.
· Knowledge and experience in recreation programs and camp settings.
· Good communication and interpersonal skills.
· Minimum Bronze Cross is an asset.
· Ability to work in a team setting and independently.
· Demonstrated interpersonal and effective communications skills.
· Must provide current Police Record Check.
· Must have Current CPR “C”.
· Experience working with people with vision loss or deaf-blind (children, teens and adults) is an asset.
· Ability to work flexible hours as well as standard camp hours.
· Ability to work in a changing and busy environment.
· Must reside at Lake Joseph Centre during operational season.
· Must be willing to share accommodations with other staff member.
Closing Date for Applications: Positions will be filled on an on going basis up to March 31, 2013.
Please Send The Application To: email@example.com and quote the job title in the subject line.
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position..
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: seeing beyond vision loss