CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca
or call 1-800-563-2642
Date: May 10, 2013
Job Title: Intern, Web Content Management (Volunteer)
Term: Full time
The primary role of the Intern, Web Content Management is to provide executional support of the organization’s content requirements as it pertains to its many Internet and Intranet properties. This position reports to the Manager, Digital Marketing (Infrastructure and Accessible Communications).
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
• Modification of website and Intranet pages eg. Adding/deleting pages, alteration of text, images and HTML markup, leveraging our Content Management System (SharePoint 2010).
• Work closely with staff to gather requirements and execute based on those requirements.
• Ensure all content is accessible – make changes and recommendations as necessary.
• Provide guidance to CNIB users experiencing issues with the CMS.
• Aid in the creation of training materials for staff and capturing and documenting existing processes.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
• Minimum Post Secondary education or equivalent experience.
• Minimum two years’ work experience years in computer or information services in similar environment/function.
• Sound Web, Windows and desktop technical skills.
• Proven time management and organization skills; amenable to changing priorities, deadlines and procedures.
• Advanced computer skills, with proficiency in MS Office.
• Thorough and practical understanding of Content Management Systems – SharePoint 2010 knowledge a plus.
• Demonstrated experience leveraging languages such as (X)HTML, and CSS.
• General understanding of digital accessibility issues and willingness to learn more.
• Experience using graphic manipulation tools such as Photoshop.
• Professional attitude, results oriented, self-directed and flexible.
• Strong interpersonal, written, and spoken communications skills.
• Excellent communication, diplomacy, and conflict resolution skills.
• Demonstrates mature and sensitive nature, as well as emotional and social stability when dealing with the needs of persons experiencing vision loss and other functional challenges.
Salary Range: Volunteer Position
Closing Date for Applications: June 21, 2013
Please Send the Application To: firstname.lastname@example.org and quote the job title in the subject line.
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position. Although we thank you for your interest, we would appreciate no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: Seeing Beyond Vision Loss