CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
July 12, 2013
11 month contract, 35 hours per week
Provides centralized receptionist and administrative support within a region
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
· Use of advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications
· Within a distinct geographic market (region) provides receptionist duties in English and French; provides administrative support.
· Provides support for meetings and travel coordination.
· Provides administrative support to Regional Leadership Council as required.
· Coordinates Office and Stationary supplies for the region.
· Processes information for clients requesting an ID Card.
· Updates client information in data base (EVRR)
· Oversees the operations of Shop CNIB, including training and supervision of volunteers, Daily Cash Reports, etc.
· Distributes mail and coordinates daily mailings and courier.
· Provides administrative support to the Regional Management team.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
· Minimum post secondary education and/or 3 years experience in an administrative and/or receptionist function.
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Office applications and willingness to learn other software
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
· Bilingual skills essential; fluency in spoken French; functional written French
· Advanced interpersonal skills.
· Ability to operate large, complex and high activity switchboard operations.
Closing Date for Applications: July 19, 2013
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: seeing beyond vision loss