CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
February 22, 2013
Guest Services Coordinator
May 2013 to September 2013
To plan and lead the administration function of Lake Joseph and oversee the daily administration operations, including camper/guest registration, tuck shop orders and daily management, as well as some support for pre and post season groups at Lake Joe by providing leadership and direction to a group of staff and volunteers in charge of running the administration functions of the centre.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
· Oversee the operations of the camp including all administration of Camper/Guest Registration, Shoulder Season Bookings, Tuck Shop Ordering, Tuck Shop Daily Management, etc.
· Plan and coordinate the support and infrastructure requirements for programs/services and special needs of guest groups.
· Participate in the development and monitoring of financial affairs of the centre such as preparing and submitting bills, invoices, stock transfers.
· Prepare and follow up paperwork on bank deposits.
· Daily management of all incoming calls, phone messages and emails into the centre.
· Oversee the orientation and training of administration function staff/volunteers.
· Provide direct supervision to administration function staff/volunteers.
· Complete by-weekly attendance reports.
· Measure the activities of all business operations and maintaining weekly and seasonal guests statistical information;
· Assist guests in completing weekly surveys regarding on and off site programs.
· Oversee the operation of the Centre’s Snack Bar & Tuck Shop by monitoring inventory, preparing purchase orders and restocking Snack Bar & Tuck Shop as required.
· Promote clear communication to all guests, staff and volunteers.
· Ensure P.A. and meal announcements are clear and informative.
· Work with staff to make continuous improvements on the Centre’s communication system.
· Maintain attendee list, cash collection and refunds, and transportation in conjunction with other staff;
· Promote and encourage participation in ongoing recreation programs through endorsement of activities to guests;
· Support and oversee the coordination of all Lake Joe bookings including confirming guest reservations, receiving payments, updating database, and preparing invoices for rental groups;
· Ensure housekeeping, maintenance, staff programs and food services are accurate and timely to meet all guests needs before and during their visits at Lake Joe;
· Provide day to day office administration such as developing and maintaining of confidential filing system (i.e. camper medical information), sorting of mail, maintaining office supplies, providing administrative support to the Programs Operations, etc.
· Ensure guest registration and information is accurate and up to date.
· Work with Staffing Coordinator and Program Supervisor to continually build upon positive staff group dynamics.
· Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
- 3 years of related work experience.
- Educational background in Hospitality Management or knowledge and experience working in a camp or centre administration area.
- Planning and organization skills.
- Interpersonal and effective Communications skills.
- Demonstrated customer relations skills.
- Computer proficiency (Micro Soft Access, Word and Excel).
- Knowledge and experience in recreation programs and settings.
- Demonstrated supervision experience.
- Ability to work in a team setting and independently.
- Must have good organizational and management skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and effective communications skills.
- Must have current Police Record Check.
- Current Standard First Aid and CPR “C” an asset.
- Experience working with people with vision loss or deaf-blind (children, teens and adults) is an asset.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of management practices, principles, and facilities administration.
- Ability to work flexible hours as well as standard camp hours.
- Ability to work in a changing and busy environment.
- Ability to travel when required.
- Must reside at Lake Joseph Centre during operational season.
- Must be willing to share accommodations with other staff member.
Salary Range: As per salary scale.
Closing Date for Applications: Positions will be filled on an on going basis up to March 31, 2013.
Please Send The Application To: email@example.com and quote the job title in the subject line.
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: seeing beyond vision loss