CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
May 14, 2013
Fund Development and Services Assistant
7 weeks – June 3, 2013 to July 19, 2013
In consultation with the Coordinator, Volunteer Services this position supports the Community Giving planning, implementation and evaluation of CNIB’s fundraising events program in the North. The fundraising event duties include assisting with the successful execution of the “18th Annual CNIB Golf Tournament”
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
· Prepares sponsor matrix, letters and solicitation list to encompass monetary, item and prize sponsors
· Reviews and updates the list of businesses, organizations to send event information
· Prepares and distributes communication materials, (letters, brochures, posters, press releases, reports, etc.) for internal and external audiences
· Liaises with internal and external stakeholders to help maximize public awareness
· Maintain mailing list
· Develops and maintains files and database on special event initiative
· Attend regular activity status reports as required
· Other duties as required
· In accordance with the provincial fund development plan, assists in significant lead generation business development activities in the North Region, with particular respect to Service Clubs and third party events, through excellent planning, research, networking, attention to detail, solicitation, stewardship and support
· Demonstrates excellent customer service skills in interacting with potential donors, and works closely with the Coordinator Volunteer Services to match Ambassadors and senior volunteers with appropriate speaking engagements
· Coordinates and manages general administrative duties relating to these activities including mass mailings, filing, file maintenance, copying, mail/couriers, creation of spreadsheets and power point presentations
· Demonstration of sale of specialized products and technology aids.
· Providing support to specialized service providers in the areas of Orientation and Mobility, Independent Living Skills, Low Vision, Early Intervention for Children, and client records, to clients of all ages but the majority will be seniors and children.
· Administrative responsibilities in support of all location operations including answering the switchboard and responding to in person inquiries involving service and fund development.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
· Post secondary education in marketing, communications, public relations, fundraising or equivalent work experience
· Must be returning to full-time studies in the fall
· Well developed interpersonal and communications skills
· Proficient in Microsoft office software and relevant graphic design software
· Demonstrate the ability to develop a plan of action through to completion
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Professional attitude, self starter and flexible
Closing Date for Applications: May 21, 2013
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: seeing beyond vision loss