CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
Date: February 19, 2013
Job Title: Event Coordinator, Dining in the Dark
Location: Kelowna, BC
This position works with the Regional Manager and the event committee to plan, manage and implement all aspects of the Dining in the Dark event. This position works with internal and external constituents in an innovative and strategic manner to maximize fundraising net revenue for CNIB through this signature event.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
· Manages the development, planning and implementation of the Dining in the Dark event
· Assists with developing event budget, monitors event expenses and makes recommendations to maximize net revenue
· In conjunction with the Coordinator of Volunteers, coordinates volunteers for the event
· Prepares event reports such as summaries of all event related activities.
· Assists with venue management, food & beverage, entertainment, supplementary fundraising, guest experience, etc.
· Post event arranges for displays to be returned to sponsors; processes thank you letters to sponsors and tax receipts if applicable.
· Other related activities
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
· A minimum of two years expertise personally organizing successful signature events, preferably gala events in a not for profit agency
· Strong ability to successfully manage multiple projects and priorities effectively under tight timelines
· Expertise working with senior volunteers on committees
· Sound knowledge of event marketing theory, trends and practices
· Excellent written communications and oral presentation skills including ability to relate with different levels of stakeholders
· Self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel and Outlook
· Post-secondary education in event management, fundraising or equivalent work experience
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Closing Date for Applications: February 25, 2013
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position. Although we thank you for your interest, we would appreciate no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: seeing beyond vision loss