CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642
DATE: February 21, 2013
JOB TITLE: Coordinator, Client Support Services
TERM: Part-time (21 hours a week)
LOCATION: Grande Prairie, Alberta
In covering a broad range of duties, responsibilities include providing information, advocacy and support to individuals with vision loss for resources focusing on social, personal issues and concessions.
This position is also responsible for providing support and backup to the Registration and Referral team.
This position entails, but is not limited to the following:
· Provides support and back up to the Coordinator, Registration and Referral position
· Manages all aspects of concessions by facilitating completion of forms assisting individuals in obtaining access to internal and external concessions
· Refers and connects individuals to external community agencies and internal services as required
· Acts as an information resource to individuals by addressing their needs at CNIB or in the community
· Provides advocacy support services to individuals at CNIB or in the community
· Provides information on CNIB services and programs; demonstrate various adaptive aids and appliances as appropriate to determine individual suitability
· Performs administrative duties, including, but not limited to file documentation, updating EVRR, benchmarking, documentation of assessments/client contact, and applicable subsidy program as appropriate; processes expense reports in a timely manner
· Participates in multi-disciplinary team meetings, as requested.
QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE)
Experience and Education:
· Certificate/Diploma in social services, human services field or equivalent
· Experience and extensive knowledge of CNIB services may be considered as equivalent diploma or degree
· Two to three years of experience dealing with individuals with a disability in a rehabilitation setting
· Proven proficiency in developing positive relationships with volunteers
· Proficient in Microsoft office software
· Excellent verbal and written communications skills
· Demonstrated knowledge and ability to access internal and external services related to low vision/vision loss
· Demonstrated decision making and judgement
· Mature and professional attitude
· Self-directed, organized, and attention to detail
· Demonstrated individual centred approach and commitment
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment.
· Willingness to travel throughout the region
· Willingness to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings when required
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with Experience.
Closing Date for Applications: February 28, 2013
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position. No phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
CNIB: Seeing Beyond Vision Loss