CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
June 10, 2013
Client Services Administration Support Worker
10 weeks – HRDC Summer Student
Thunder Bay, ON
Provides community based support; assist with daily operations, administration, service and assist with sales and customer service at Shop CNIB.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
· Photocopying, mail outs and/or faxing
· Data Entry
· Record keeping
· Making or receiving phone calls
· Welcome and direct people coming into the office
· When a caller or visitor needs more information, support, service or counseling than you are able to give, refer to appropriate staff
· Demonstrate and provide information on products from Shop CNIB
· Complete cash and credit card transactions and daily cash reports
· Other duties may include: pack and prepare purchases for shipping, organize orders for pick up, tidy and restock shelves and displays, assist with inventory count, prepare stock orders, assist with customer service at Lions Low Vision Clinics
· Provide administrative support to service staff for client service related activities such as updating client and community contact lists, mailing and or faxing
· Contact (home, email, fax, mail, visit – as required) clients and community contacts for follow-up to client related services
· Research and maintain a database or spreadsheet of community service agencies i.e. grocery delivery services, transportation, etc.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
· Must be returning to full-time studies in the fall
· Well developed interpersonal and communications skills
· Demonstrate the ability to develop a plan of action through to completion
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team
· Professional attitude, self starter and flexible
Closing Date for Applications: June 17, 2013
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: seeing beyond vision loss