CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
Date: July 26, 2013
Job Title: Finance Clerk
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
This position is responsible for financial reporting and analysis in the Atlantic Region & Quebec
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
· Reviews and monitors financial activities of all programs in the Atlantic Region and Quebec
· Completes monthly GL entries (drawdown’s, allocations, adjustments, and accruals)
· Completes VISA GL entries & assists staff with allocating VISA expenses properly.
· Receives all Atlantic Region expenses, ensures proper coding and forwards to AP
· Receives Atlantic Region revenue, prepares deposits and ‘Daily Cash Report’ (DCR)
· Reviews for accuracy and submits all DCR’s in Atlantic Region to online ‘share point’ site for AR
· Completes Development DCR’s for Nova Scotia and PE and prepares bank deposits.
· Runs monthly Raisers Edge revenue reports and compares to AccPac monthly finance reports for accuracy
· Provides Development with Raisers Edge monthly revenue reports by province and AccPac finance reports by province
· Enters budget numbers provided by Development at budgeting time.
· Maintains office petty cash, and secures all deposits before they leave for the bank
· Runs monthly financial statements and assists with detailed variance analysis
· Prepares monthly GL account reconciliations
· Prepares and submits Atlantic Region and Quebec’s various wage claim reports
· Works on budget spreadsheets/worksheets and supports managers with budget preparation & analysis
· Works with managers to provide accurate forecasts of revenue & expenses
· Assists in preparing annual audit files for external audit purposes
· Prepares various financial reports for supporting organizations and internal users
· Performs other related duties as required by the Eastern Canada Director of Finance
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
§ Completion of Bachelor of Commerce (accounting major an asset)
§ 2 years relevant experience
§ Strong computer skills, proficient with MS Office (experience with ACCPAC an asset)
§ Excellent communication skills
Salary Range: Commensurate with Experience
Closing Date for Applications: August 9, 2013
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position. Although we thank you for your interest, we would appreciate no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: Seeing Beyond Vision Loss