CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
October 11, 2013
Clerk, CPAT/ Veterans Support Assistant
24 month contract
In covering a broad range of duties, the emphasis of this position is in processing invoices and credits for customers within the required time frames.Responsibilities also include filing and producing back-orders as required.
This position will also provide support to Veterans’ services by contacting veterans to assess needs, provide product and services information, and in the organization of veterans’ events.
This position provides functional expertise for the comprehensive multi-faceted consumer products program within a matrix reporting structure. Veterans assistance duties will be supervised by the Manager, Client Services.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
· Process invoice by matching completed picking slips with original documentation; create and print invoices within AccPac O/E; ensure copy of the invoice is included with the customer’s shipment; create back-orders of shipment is not completed.
· Process credit card refunds through Icinity EcommSuite and/or prepare cheque requisitions
· Ensure filing of all current transactions are cleared on a daily basis; ensure filling of packing slips and credits every other day (or less).
· Follows to satisfactory conclusion all inquiries from staff and clients about credits and invoices.
· Contact clients who are veterans and assess needs by scripted interview
· Contact veterans to give new product information
· Help in the organization and running of special meetings for veterans
· Other related duties as assigned
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
· Minimum High School Diploma required
· Minimum 1-2 years experience with invoice/credit and filing using AccPac or similar applications.
· Excellent command of English and French, both verbal and written
· Good command of relevant computer applications as well as knowledge and experience working with AccPac O/E (e.g. AccPac and Icinity) or similar applications
· A general knowledge of bookkeeping and inventory control
· Fast and very accurate keyboard skills
· Self directed, organized and detail oriented.
· Well developed interpersonal and communications skills.
· Demonstrated client centred approach and commitment.
· Willingness to work flexible hours if required
· Able to work both independently and within a team environment
Closing Date for Applications: October 25, 2013
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: seeing beyond vision loss