CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
Date: April 26, 2013
Job Title: Camp Coordinator/Office Assistant
Term: Full Time Term
Approximately twelve weeks (May – August 2013)
(Subject to funding approval)
Location: Regina, SK
This opportunity will afford a college or university student the opportunity to gain experience and learn practical skills associated with working in a rehabilitation setting with youth who are blind or partially sighted. This position will plan, coordinate and evaluate the Youth Summer Day Camp activities and assist with general office and fundraising activities.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
· Assists with planning and organizing day camps.
· Assists with training volunteers as needed.
· Compiles documentation of day camp policies and procedures.
· Creates and distributes day camp information packages and process camper registrations.
· Assists with solicitation of donations.
· Assists with fundraising events (ie. Golf tournaments, mailings, phone calls).
· Assists with office coverage during vacations.
· Assists with general administrative duties as needed.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
· Attended full time University/College or Senior high school in the past academic year and intend to return to school full time in the following year preferably in Recreation or Social Sciences.
· Computer experience using Microsoft Office applications.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Experience working with disabilities an asset.
· Applicants will require a criminal record check prior to offer of employment.
Salary Range: $13.25/hr
Closing Date for Applications: May 6, 2013
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position. Although we thank you for your interest, we would appreciate no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: Seeing Beyond Vision Loss