CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
Date: April 26, 2013
Job Title: Summer Camp Coordinator
Term: Full Time Term
Approximately twelve weeks (May – August 2013)
(Subject to funding approval)
Location: Winnipeg, MB
This position will afford a college or university student the opportunity to gain experience and learn practical skills associated with working in a rehabilitation setting with youth who are blind or partially sighted. This position will plan, coordinate and evaluate the Youth Summer Camp.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
· Coordinates logistics of the camp with camp staff.
· Communicates with potential youth and their families regarding all activities of the camp.
· Develops all schedules and activities for the campers.
· Works with campers to encourage and assist them with recreational activities (ie. canoeing, crafts, swimming).
· Assists with the development and implementation of training to prepare youth to participate as counselors in training.
· Adapts games and activities for youth who are blind or partially sighted.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
· Has attended full time University/College or Senior high school in the past academic year and who intends to return to school full time in the following year preferably in Recreation or Social Sciences.
· Computer experience using Microsoft Office applications.
· Excellent interpersonal skills.
· Experience working with disabilities and/or camp experience an asset.
· Applicants will require a criminal record check and child abuse registry check prior to offer of employment.
Salary Range: $13.25/hr
Closing Date for Applications: May 6, 2013
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position. Although we thank you for your interest, we would appreciate no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: Seeing Beyond Vision Loss