CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
DATE: March 12, 2013
JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant
TERM: Contract (1 Year)
LOCATION: Moncton, NB
This position provides clerical and administrative support to the Provincial Director and to the Service and Development teams working from the Moncton location. As well, the position provides reception and first line contact for inquiries from French speaking clients, donors and other community contacts in New Brunswick.
· Reporting to the Provincial Director, provides administrative support to the Service and Development teams working from the Moncton location
· Ensures coverage of telephone and reception area: answers and directs incoming calls, greets visitors and directs to appropriate department staff
· Assists with the recruitment of volunteers to assist with office administration activities and assists in their training and supervision
· Demonstrates and provides information about products available through CNIB store and processes store sales.
· Provides ordering/purchasing information to clients for on-line or toll-free purchasing.
· Processes VAC approvals for NB and provides follow-up in this area.
· Prepares referral response letters to eye care professionals
· Assists NB development staff with pre- and post-event organization (preparing campaign and event materials, billing, DCR’s, etc.)
· Responds to any CNIB inquiries from French speaking clients, donors, and other community contacts.
· Minimum college diploma in office administration or equivalent.
· 2 years work experience in a reception or administrative function
· Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite products;
· Experience working with volunteers an asset
· Experience in events fundraising administration an asset
· Fully bilingual (French / English)
· Well organized and with excellent time management skills.
· Well developed interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills
· Professional attitude, self-starter, and flexible.
· Sensitivity to the needs of persons with vision loss
· Excellent communication skills – verbal, written and listening
· Demonstrated customer service skills
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: March 19, 2013
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: seeing beyond vision loss