CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
DATE: December 19, 2012
JOB TITLE: Manager, Gaming
TERM: Full-time - Permanent
LOCATION: Edmonton, Alberta
In consultation with the Executive Director and working under the National/Divisional standards and guidelines, this position is responsible for Managing and Coordinating the various programs of the Gaming Department in the assigned area. As part of a multi-disciplinary team, carries out the fundraising activities of the department to maximize net revenue for the division under guidelines of Provincial Gaming Policy and Enforcement.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
· Responsible for the overall gaming program for the division, which includes bingos, casinos, raffles as well as various other program initiatives
· Monitors all aspects of gaming including but not limited to pull tabs, bingos, casinos and service club gaming revenue
· Plans, prepares and implements gaming strategies for the division
· Ensures adherence to policies, procedures and controls for gaming
· Applies for and reviews all gaming license applications and supporting documentation and arranges for signatures of all official documents
· Prepares monthly, semi-annual financial reports for the gaming commission
· Manages the operation of Bingo activities, which includes but is not limited to the recruitment and training of volunteer bingo coordinators, as well as assisting the volunteer coordinator in the recruitment, training, supporting, monitoring and promoting of bingo volunteers
· Attend various gaming events to ensure minimum volunteer requirements are met
· Maintain relations with various gaming associations, attend meetings, and increase the number of events whenever possible
· Recruits qualified field contractors and maintains continuous liaison with them and others, reporting any impropriety or offences
· Coordinates and rectifies any problems or inconsistencies between operations and administration of gaming process
QUALIFICATIONS: (EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE)
· Post-secondary education in Business Administration with courses in marketing, communications, public relations, fundraising, or equivalent work experience
· 3 – 5 years of work experience in gaming, fund raising and/or special events
· Proficient in Microsoft office software
· Knowledge of Gaming and Lottery Corporation’s policies and procedures
· Knowledge of Government legislation/regulations with regards to gaming activities
· Knowledge of accounting principles
· Strong relationship builder
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Professional attitude, self-starter and flexible
· Well-developed interpersonal skills
· Detail oriented with excellent time management skills
· Willingness to work flexible hours, especially during evenings and weekends
· Willingness to travel throughout the divisional region.
SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: January 20, 2013
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No agencies please.
CNIB: seeing beyond vision loss