CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca
or call 1-800-563-2642.
Date: December 18, 2012
Job Title: Manager, CNIB Lake Joseph Centre
Term: Maternity Leave - March 2013 to October 2013 (secondments from internal applicants welcome)
Location: MacTier, Ontario
Oversee the operations of the CNIB Lake Joseph Centre. Works with staff, volunteers, community partners and CNIB services to ensure high quality recreation and rehabilitation program for CNIB Clients attending programs at the CNIB Lake Joseph Centre.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
• Manages the overall business and program functions of Lake Joseph Camp operations
• Provides direction and guidance to the Program Supervisor in the planning, development and delivery of all camp programs
• Supervises and oversees the services and provides direction and guidance to the Guest Services Team, Facilities Operator, Wellness Centre, Contracted Catering Company as well as Contracted Cleaning Services
• Works with the full time Lake Joe Team to develops and implements marketing strategies, presentations and proposals for prospective clients/markets
• Manages external relationships with key stakeholder including, community organizations, suppliers, volunteers, etc.
• Works with the Fund Development department to provide the necessary campaign support for fundraising activities for the Centre
• Oversees the planning, implementation and monitoring of the operational budget for the Lake Joseph Centre
• Develops and revises in conjunction with other relevant CNIB departments all camp operational policies and evaluates programs and services to ensure that all policies and standards are met
• Participates in managerial functions including the direct supervision of two full time staff, and up to 30 seasonal staff, monitoring and evaluating their performance, and development
• Participant and implement planning for 2014 season (pre-registration, etc.)
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
• Must have experiences managing a staff and/or volunteer team of 12 or more people
• Must have some experience working with the Blind/Partially Sighted or Special Populations
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership and problem solving skills.
• Mature and professional attitude
• Organized and detail oriented
• Good command of relevant computer applications and office experience is an asset
• Knowledge and experience in recreation programs and settings
• People management and supervision
• Ability to work in a team setting and ability to work alone
• Experience and ability to coach and mentor others
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of management practices, principles, and facilities administration
• Ability to plan and coordinate trips and transportation
• Ability to work flexible hours as well as standard camp hours
• Ability to work in a changing and busy environment
• Must have current and Clear Police Record Check
• Must have current Standard First Aid and CPR “C”
• “G” Class Drivers licence an asset (driver’s abstract required)
• NLS Certification an asset
• Must be comfortable and willing to work standard camp hours
• Must be able to share 24 hr on call duties with the Program Supervisor
• Must be willing to live on site at CNIB Lake Joseph Centre (May through September, 2013)
Salary Range: Commemorate with Experience
Closing Date for Applications: January 15th, 2013
Please Send The Application To: email@example.com and quote the job title in the subject line.
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position. Although we thank you for your interest, we would appreciate no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: seeing beyond vision loss