CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
Date: October 24, 2012
Job Title: Coordinator, Human Resources (1 Year Contract)
Term: 1 Year Contract
Location: Toronto, ON
In covering a broad range of duties this position provides administrative support to a wide range of human resources initiatives. This position requires a superior level of accuracy, confidentiality, sound judgment and diplomacy.
Responsibilities include providing information to client groups including managers/supervisors and employees relating to HR matters, employee relations, employee documentation, systems and procedures and employment standards. This role will support the HR Team in coordinating recruiting and new hire and termination initiatives.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
This position entails, but is not limited to the following general responsibilities:
• Completes the recruitment cycle by assisting hiring managers with internal/external job postings, resume collection, reference checks, offer letters, employment contracts, change forms and initial employee documentation/orientation packages.
• Process and update status changes into People@Work
• Assist in completing the termination process which includes completing exit interviews, informing departments, updating changes in reports.
• Prepares, organizes, distributes and maintains current and new employee documentation; verify records and provide assistance to managers regarding employee information; liaise with payroll to ensure accurate information is provided in a timely fashion.
• Monitors and processes contract/temporary offer renewals.
• Tracks annual performance and probationary reviews to ensure all are completed.
• Assists team with updating new practices in employee policies and manuals; ensures Human Resources related information on the Staff Portal is accurate and current.
• Verifies employment information for reference requests for terminated staff and prepares confirmation of employment letters for active employees.
• Provides support to management by preparing, collecting and organizing data.
• Responds to queries from employees regarding CNIB policies and procedures, and employment standards.
• Participates in team program planning and processes as needed to maintain and improve Human Resources outcomes by remaining current on all ESA legislation and changes to ensure compliance; utilize Employee Handbook to ensure policies and procedures are followed.
• Distributes manuals, letters and documents to employees when required; filing employee documents on a weekly basis.
• Participates in Human Resources projects and provides assistance to the Human Resource team when required.
• Other duties as required.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
• Minimum post-secondary degree or diploma in Human Resources Management or equivalent.
• Completed or working towards CHRP.
• Minimum 2 years general HR experience.
• Knowledge of various employment legislation (across Canada) and previous experience with collective agreements is an asset.
• Advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite and previous experience working with HRIS systems; excellent data entry skills.
• Superior organizational and time-management skills; adaptable to changing priorities, deadlines and procedures.
• Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills as well as ability to multi-task in an organized manner with a variety of employee request.
• Strong interpersonal and diplomacy skills; approachable, good relationship builder, and able to network with a variety of stakeholders; strong customer service focus.
• Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to work with private and confidential material.
• Professional attitude that demonstrates results oriented and opened to a changing environment.
• This incumbent works with private personal and confidential material.
• Willingness to work flexible hours to meet the needs of department and client-group requirements.
• Multiple and ongoing demands from employees and managers as well as project work.
Salary Range: To Commensurate Based on Experience
Closing Date for Applications: November 7, 2012
Please Send The Application To: email@example.com and quote the job title in the subject line.
Please send cover letter and resume, and mention how you learned of this position. Although we thank you for your interest, we would appreciate no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: vision health. vision hope.