CNIB provides community-based support, knowledge and a national voice to ensure Canadians who are blind or partially sighted have the confidence, skills and opportunities to fully participate in life. With 900 employees and 10,000 volunteers working out of offices across the country, CNIB serves thousands of Canadians of all ages. For more information, please visit www.cnib.ca or call 1-800-563-2642.
Date: December 3, 2012
Job Title: Capital Campaign Director
Term: Two Year Term (Internal applicants only)
January 2013 to December 2014
Location: Regina, SK
This position is responsible for securing revenues for the organization’s new building construction located in Regina, SK. The primary focus will be to secure $4 million in donations from potential donors and key internal/external stakeholders through presentations and meetings, while connecting with the campaign committee and associated stakeholders.
Essential Duties entail (but not limited to):
In collaboration with the director, development:
- Confirms he fundraising goal and solicits and secures funds to meet these goals.
- Monitors the fundraising strategies.
- Secures and coordinates media activity to ensure the public is aware of the fundraising campaign.
- Completes bi-weekly progress reports to the executive director; director, development; and campaign cabinet committee.
- Recruits 6-10 people for the capital campaign cabinet committee.
- Includes the director, development and the executive director in discussions with donor prospects over $50,000.
- Works with the manager, finance to ensure the proper entry and recording of all campaign revenue.
- Communicates with staff and management to provide information and updates as needed.
- Liaises with external designers and other staff to produce fundraising related communications.
- Attends meetings of the capital campaign cabinet committee and regular planning meetings with the director, development and the executive director.
- Performs any related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: (Education, Training, Experience)
§ Knowledge of fundraising strategies.
§ Strong verbal and written communication skills
§ Excellent presentation skills.
§ Previous experience in operating a capital campaign.
§ Strong computer skills including the use of databases to support the campaign
§ Strong organizational and time management skills.
§ Highly motivated and positive attitude.
§ University degree in Marketing or Communications and/or experience managing a capital campaign.
§ Extensive experience working in a fundraising capacity.
§ Project management experience.
§ Experience making presentations and requests for funding from corporations and individuals.
Salary Range: Commensurate with experience
Closing Date for Applications: Friday, December 7, 2012
Please send cover letter and resume. Although we thank you for your interest, we would appreciate no phone calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in CNIB, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CNIB: Seeing Beyond Vision Loss